Installation of the multi-use precast tunnel.
Finch Avenue West and Highway 400 (south-west ramp)
• Thursday, May 5 from 10 p.m. until Monday, May 9 at 5 a.m.
• Dates are tentative and may change
• Highway 400 south-west ramp closure.
• Minor field modifications will occur when needed to complete work safely and minimize impact on the public.
As part of the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) Project, crews will be working on the installation of a multi-purpose tunnel at the intersection of Highway 400 and Finch Avenue West.
To safely perform the work the southwest ramp on Highway 400 will be closed. It is scheduled to start on May 5, 2022, and will last until Monday, May 9, 2022, approximately.
Minor field modifications may occur when needed to complete work safely and minimize impact
on the public.
• Work will primarily occur Thursday to Monday from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., approximately.
• Signs are installed to keep local residents informed about the closure.
• Dates are tentative and may change. For up to date information, please visit:www.metrolinx.com/finchwestlrt
• Inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances may delay work activities.
What to expect:
• Heavy trucks and equipment will be working in the area.
• Due to the nature of the work, at times there will be dust, noise and vibration associated with this work.
• Nearby businesses and residents can expect noise from excavators, bobcats, vacuum trucks and other construction equipment caused by road work activities.
• Expect delays near work zones.
• There will be a Paid Duty Officer, flaggers, and detour signs to direct traffic, as needed.
• Please take extra care when walking near work sites, and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
• TTC bus stops will be closed or relocated away from work zones, as needed.
• Relocation of bus stops is done in consultation with the TTC.
• Access to the TTC will be maintained at all times. For more information, please visit: www.ttc.ca
• Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Contact us at:
Find us on Twitter @FinchWestLRT
Visit the website:www.metrolinx.com/finchwestlrt